Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Re-discovery

When thinking about artwork I've done in the past, I decided to see how much I really hung onto. I still haven't found my old sketchbook, but to my surprise there sitting on my dusty easel in the basement, behind some unused canvases sat a painting I did when I was in my early teens...

It was the mid-70's and I had just discovered the musical talent of Elton John. My old bedroom was filled with EJ posters and my stack of LPs began to grow...11-17-70, Yellow Brick Road, Tumbleweed Connection, Blue Moves...my record player was constantly blaring John/Taupin tunes. Here is the painting I did at that time which I recently re-discovered; the other one I did of him has since been painted over.

1 comment:

  1. Loved looking at all your artwork! You're very creative. Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...