Saturday, May 29, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl

Thinking about Father's day and when I looked at my Tilda Picking Peaches stamp, all I could see was her holding her Daddy's hand...

So I drew Tilda's Daddy to guide her, and instead of a basket of peaches, made her a purse... perhaps Daddy's taking the lucky little girl to her favorite toy store.

I found this paper in my stash that I thought might look cool, but unfortunately can't recall who made it or what it is called (my leftover pieces don't have the name of it... it's probably buried on the card! Note to self: write down the make of the paper BEFORE gluing it down) Doh!

I layered the background on dark brown Bazzil cardstock, ran a zig zag stitch around it, and popped it up on foam dimensionals. Then the computer-generated sentiment was punched and added. Tilda's Daddy was attached flat to the back too. Then I popped Tilda herself up on foam to create the illusion of depth.

I used my Copics to colour everything of course; and also on the (formerly) white ribbon to match Tilda's dress as well as the (formerly) white flowers.

A few dark pearls kept this easel card fairly simple.

Here are the colours used:

Hair: E30, E31, E33, D35, E37
Skin: E000, E00
Dress, bib and socks: YR00, YR02, E50
Shoes and purse: E30, E31, E35, RV04
Sentiment: B21, B24
Ribbon and flowers: YR00, YR02

I hope you like it; it is so much fun to alter these images to create a whole new scene for them!

31 comments:

  1. great job, and a wonderful way to get more out of your stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you reinvented the stamp.......how clever~
    Thanks for sharing.
    Madge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you reinvented the stamp.......how clever~
    Thanks for sharing.
    Madge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen!!!! What a fantastic idea!! You are so creative and your card is absolutely amazing.
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen your card is wonderful, so inventive. Your drawing of the father is fabulous. I suppose this just goes to show how versatile our 'Maggies' can be..The possibilities are endless.
    hugs
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just way too clever. Great re-invent on this maggie!
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a smart idea and it turned out really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maureen,
    Your talent amazes me!!!
    Awesome card.....
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful, Fab job of reinventing your stamp, and your coloring is great
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever fantastic card you made. You are so talented drawing the father like that. I love the colors and the card.
    Angeluver2

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable! we have three daughters so I saw this a lot while they were growing up! and oh, the collections of handbags! lol Now it's wonderful/awesome granddaughters! lol lovely creation and coloring Maureen!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just outstanding! Love how you modified Tilda's image and added 'Daddy'. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super sweet card. Great job thinking outside the box with your stamps

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What a talent you have, I love this.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty colors! And thanks for the Father's Day reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally love this card! LOVE the peach colors on Tilda! Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great way to get more out of your stamps. Love the little Tilda and the colours are gorgeous. hugs Shelley

    http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Great idea, and you have quite a talent!
    I love how you did your coloring, and the paper choices are perfect!
    Hugs to you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. THis is very creative!!! LOVE the colors and the design is WONDERFUL!!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, Maureen! You sure can draw, girl!! Very clever and creative thinking... lovely card!! Love the little purse too!! :o)
    Hugz, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely adorable. Makes me miss my father! Your coloring is lovely...and your adding Tilda's father's legs & arm/hand is absolutely inspired!!!! Pat Frank (VA)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how precious is that. I certainly envy your ability to draw! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is brilliant, gorgeous, creative , etc. ,etc............

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maureen...you created an awesome card and WOW you can draw. I'm jealous of your talent! TFS
    Hugs,
    Pam:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow maureen! this is absolutely stunning! how creative you are and what a talented artiste. :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Smart idea Maureen and such a sweet card that will melt all the daddys' hearts!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is sooooo cute !!!

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  28. How adorable. Love how you changed the stamp. Very clever of you. Wish I could draw.

    Denise from Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great job. Wonderful that you could draw in the dad and the purse. Super.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't know how I could urge you strongly enough that you really need to start your own shop of digi stamps! You are seriously talented! Gorgeous card, Maureen!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...