Monday, June 14, 2010

Birthday Edwin and a New Venture


I decided to "Bling It!" this week --  I created a monochrome, but definitely blingy birthday card featuring Bartender Edwin... except I've removed his drinks and replaced them with a birthday cake. Here are two photos; the first one above taken with a flash to show off the bling, the second below without flash to show the shading created by the three layers. First I raised the background on foam, then I added foam dimensionals to the mat under Edwin. Finally, the third layer is Edwin himself, raised on smaller foam dimensionals.

The bling on the card includes paper from DCWV's Glitter Stack. Three layers of papers are metallic. Two layers are edged with Encore Silver Metallic ink. Two silver brads are Scrapmetal Corner Swirls by Autumn Leaves. Ten silver self-stick brads were also used. A sheer white glitter ribbon was run through two layers. A final touch of bling was added to the candle flame with silver Stickles. The only colour on the card, the red flower, was a Dollar Store item coloured with an R29 Copic. Copics used on Edwin: C0, C1, C2, C3, C5 and C10.

And now to the New Venture.  In the past few months I have been so overwhelmed with the incredibly nice comments about the extra objects I draw for my cards. I have even mailed out a couple of drawings to others. So, after a week of setting up a new site for them, I have started a blog called DigiDrawn to sell my drawings as digital stamps. Along with the objects I have done to accompany my Magnolia stamps, I will also have other drawings for sale as stamps too.

I would love to invite everyone to visit; even if you don't purchase, let me know what you think. I've never done anything like this before... so I guess we'll see how well it goes. I have seven stamps up so far, with more to come soon.

I hope to see you over there!

12 comments:

  1. Great card Maureen & congrats on the new site - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Maureen! I love the monochrome effect of your card! Gorgeous touchof red too!
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maureen, love the monochromatic look, though I'm scared to death to try it myself!!! This card is adorable, and I like how you replace the alcohol with cake! Yum! Your new site looks fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card...love the monochrome look! I would love to try that style of coloring one of these day.....maybe there is a tutorial out there for it.
    Hugs~
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Maureen!
    I am thrilled to hear about your 'New Venture' as I am one of the people that kept commenting that you do JUST that!!! Great luck with it - off to look now :o)
    Big hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem to do male cards with such ease, i love the monochrome look and your coloring is outstanding, also great layout
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maureen, love the monochrome look! Love how you replaced the drinks with a cake, that's awesome!
    Great card!
    Hugs,
    Silvie from France

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous monochromatic card, Maureen!!! I love those papers for my Edwin cards too...wish I had more!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mono theme and the cool red rose Maureen. You did a fabulous job on this Edwin card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool - the monochrome colour scheme works a treat! Good luck with your new venture - I had a look at your website and really like your designs, great idea to make Magnolia additions as it's sometimes hard to find ones you could really use - personally, I'd like a kitchen window with curtains and some wrought iron garden furniture LOL! Thanks also for your sweet comment on my blog:-) Best wishes, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your new venture! The drawings are fantastic!
    Hugs to you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - fabulous Monochrome.

    hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...