Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Card Swap

Recently I joined a small group of ladies online who swap cards. I've never done this before, so it's a good thing I have a great friend (who created the group) to hand-hold me for my first offerings:

The stipulation for this one was that it had to include a snowman. I created this guy from scratch - I used my Spellbinders dies and Cuttlebug to create three round shapes. I glued them together, added eyes and mouth "coal" using some black "Smooch" paint. The nose was painted with both yellow and red Smooch paint since I didn't have orange for the "carrot" nose. "Star Dust" Stickles were added to the snowman's body, and the stick arms were created using the Martha Stewart Pine Branch punch, cut down to size and shape. Some satin rope I saved from a shopping bag (I throw nothing out I think I can repurpose) was used as his scarf. The sentiment was cut on my Cricut using the Simply Charmed cartridge. A few clear gems added more bling over top the patterned paper from my stash, which was sewed onto cardstock.

This card was created to meet the criteria of "use something new"; I got a gift certificate for a new local scrapbook store for Christmas - so I purchased (among other things) a new Martha Stewart Pine Needles Trim punch and two new Spellbinders die sets. Happy Spring Tilda was coloured with Copics E000, E01, C0, C3, YG11, YG13, YG17, E55, E57 and E59 and popped up using foam dimensionals. The background paper is DCWV Glitter Stack.

The card above was made for a "use two green and one blue" challenge. The background paper is from a 8" x 8" pad of "Me and My Big Ideas" paper. The blue shapes were cut using the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Blossum Tags and Accents dies on my Cuttlebug. A Wild Orchid Cherry Blossom was added along with Martha Stewart Pine Branches. The ribbon is from my stash as was the sentiment stamp.

The last card I created for this swap is a Thank You card. I started out with the background paper; Bo Bunny's "Calypso Dream". I used my new Spellbinder's Shapeabilities on this one too, creating the backing to the sentiment in red cardstock. Tilda With Hawaii Flower was coloured with the following Copics:  E0000, E02, E11, E13, E21, E25, E27, E29, C3, C6, N1, N4, N9, R46, R89, Y17, Y21, G21, G28.

I hope all the recipients like my cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...