Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Whew! Now that the stress fun of the holidays is over, I finally have time to post again! Since my last post (yeah, I know, MONTHS back), I have made a few cards I wanted to share.

First, cards I created for the gals at work celebrating birthdays (click to biggify):

This card features Magnolia's Tilda with Gifts over some patterned paper from my stash. The flower is from Michael's, and some silver Stickles were added to the presents. Copics used on Tilda were: E0000, E01, E55, D57, E59, V91, V93, V95, C0, C3, Y32, Y35, Y28, B91, B93, B95, RV91, RV93 and RV95.

Happy Spring Tilda adorns this card on top of some Bo Bunny "Unforgettable" paper. The sentiment was cut using my Cricut and the "Simply Charmed" cartridge. Copics used on Tilda were: E0000, E01, B0000, B32, B34, Y21, Y28, C0 and C3. The flower is from my stash... I cut a circular shape, coloured it in and glued it over Tilda's hand to make it look like she is holding the flower stem.

Obvioulsy my favorite paper is the Bo Bunny line... here it is again. I used "Sophie Bouquet" on this card. A few flowers from Michaels tied with a sheer ribbon were added along with a simple stamped sentiment.

This card began with Fancy Pants' "Little Sprout" paper, # 310 "Baby's Breath". I used some Sheer Elegance hunter green ribbon, the Martha Stewart Leaves punch, a Provo Craft corner die cut on my Cuttlebug, some flowers from my stash with a brad coloured with Copic's G99 pen and some Tim Holtz "Peeled Paint" ink.


Then I needed to create something for hubby's birthday (on Christmas Eve!):

Cards for guys are always harder to do it seems. I decided to go black and white; and featured a tiger stamp a good friend gave me! The ribbon is from my stash and the stamped image and sentiment are cut using my Spellbinders dies on my Cuttlebug.

Oh yeah, I did a few Christmas cards too:

Good thing I have a Cricut... I made the snowflakes on it using my "Tie The Knot" cartridge (now, what a snowflake has do with weddings is beyond me....). Both cardstock and vellum were cut, and stickles were added to the edges of the flakes. A clear gem was glued to the center of the flakes and snowflake brads attached the sentiment to the ribbon. The paper and ribbon were from my stash, and I cut out the sentiment using my Cuttlebug.

Whew! Here's hoping I get more time to both craft AND post about it in 2012.

Just as a teaser though... there will be an upcoming post about my craftroom soon... since moving downstairs to a larger room, I have been decorating it and I am very eager to share some photos of the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...