Friday, October 19, 2012

Christmas Tag Swap

I can't believe that I was actually creating CHRISTMAS things already...

Last week I mailed off a package to Calgary - 56 Christmas tags; my commitment for a Christmas Alphabet Tag Swap an online stamping group is doing this year. Each participant makes 1 (or 2 if they wish - and I did!) set of 28 identical tags - stamped and embellished based on a letter of the alphabet with a Christmas theme. I chose "C" and "R". So one set was Christmas "Cards" and the other, "Reindeer".  I didn't want beige backgrounds so instead of purchasing office tags, I created my own using my Sure Cuts A Lot software and Cricut.


When I saw that little Reindeer stamp online, I just HAD to find it! No luck here at home, or when I was in Minneapolis earlier this year, so I ended up purchasing it directly from Stampendous. It is toooo cute! I bought baker's twine just for this too... perfect for a festive bow on his wreath. I used Copics to colour him in and the "R" was cut on my Cricut, and sticker-ized using my Xyron.


For the "C" card, I made teenie tiny envelopes on my Cricut, then slid in little Christmas cards, stamped and embellished with a small jewel for the tree top. I embossed the tag on my Cuttlebug and punched out snowflakes using my Martha Stewart punch, stamping it with a "C".


The hostess of the swap will put everyone's tags into a booklet and return them to us, keeping two sets for herself as well. So I get two sets back. We had to make sure something was stamped (as it is a stamping group), that they had low profile embellishments, and had to be a specific tag size. I can't wait to get my set back in time for Christmas!


3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I just can't master rubber stamping. The ink is either too thick & smudgy or there's not enough...or it gets on the edges of the stamp too. I've tried holding the stamp and carefully inking it w/ the pad and it still doesn't work. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. any gift from you would begin with the packaging...what a treat. LOve that some people still do it up for Christmas! and never too early - I've been bugging Beau on the air for weeks re: the holidays:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dont even get me stated girl, not yet! LOL but I think your tags are so cute and sweet! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...