Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Once Upon An Eerie Tale

Wow, it's been awhile since I have made a big paper crafting project... hmmm. I guess Father's Day was the last time I got out the card stock, glue and scissors for something other than the odd card. With all this knitting I've been doing, it's fun to switch it up and return to other crafting for a bit.

While I was in The Scrapbook Cottage here in Winnipeg a few weeks ago, they gave me some Graphic 45 supplies to create a display item for the store. The new paper line is for Halloween - which will be here before we know it; heck, even the staff at work have been offering Halloween candy bars already... (now THAT'S what I call scary!). The new set is called "Once Upon An Eerie Tale" and portrays images from various old frightening fairy tales just perfect for the Fall season.

Since the theme was old fairy tales, I thought a book would be a perfect way to present them. I started out using the journal I initially made for my Dad's "Grandpa's Garden" book I made in June (it ended up being too small for the photos I had printed). I had followed Anne's (at Anne's Paper Creations) instructions to make a 30 page journal out of chipboard and card stock.

So I went through the Graphic 45 paper pads and spent a few evenings fussy-cutting images, die cutting tags and preparing the various embellishments.

That's fancy talk for basically "making a mess":


It took a few days, but I finally finished and before handing it over to the store, I took photos and recorded a video to show the features of the book.


The cover was embellished with fussy cuts, chipboard, metals and a spine label.


The green ribbon was from a really old spool (with a 15 cent price tag!) and the other ribbon from my stash.


Here are a few of my favorite pages:

Beauty and the Beast

Little Red Riding Hood

Love these images
I do believe they liked it at the store; and I am glad I got it to them in plenty of time before Halloween, as Fall is quickly approaching!



5 comments:

  1. Came out great. My stepdaughter would LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could they not fall in love with it! The detail is unbelievable as always. Absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen, you nailed it again both with the project and with the video. It amazes me how you can come up with so many ideas to give the pages all that variety. Simply wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Beautiful work on this book Maureen. I LOVE these papers and all the wonderful detail you have incorporated with the pockets and flip outs. They are going to love it too. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...