Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A New Treat


Those darn enablers over at the 2Peas in a Bucket Scrapbooking site... after reading so many message board posts about something called "Copics", I came to discover the wonderful markers used by many artists. Unlike regular felt pens, these Japanese alcohol-based markers are fantastic for creating beautiful blended colours. Now many crafters are using them to colour in stamped images or drawings too.

They're not cheap and it takes practice to use them properly. So while on a business trip, I absorbed as many YouTube video demos as I could and read blog posts for tips and tricks. Then a few days later I purchased my first pens in what, I am sure, will be a moderate collection (the Sketch markers have over 300 colours).

So here's my first attempt - a reindeer to adorn a simple holiday card:

After more practice, I hope to do some real drawings of my very own using these new goodies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...