Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hey Foxy!


While doodling the other day, I ended up drawing this little guy. At first I thought I would make him small with stitching lines so he could be a stuffed toy for a Tilda stamp. But I ended up creating the digistamp of him without the lines, about 4 inches square. This way, if I want to make him into a stuffie, all I need to do is add some lines and print him smaller, which is one of the benefits of digital stamps; you can change the size and orientation of the image!

The card I made for Baby Fox (I have yet to name him -- any suggestions???) has five layers (including the card base), popped up on foam dimensionals.

I started with Bazzil cardstock punched with Martha Stewart's Deco Fan set. The next layer is patterned paper (I am sorry, I no longer have the name of it!) matted on more Bazzil. Both are edged with ink; Memento Tuxedo Black and Versa Magic Cloud White. The next layer set are two ovals cut out and embossed with my Spellbinders dies using my Cuttlebug. Again, they were inked in black and white. The top layer is the Baby Fox and sentiment both popped up on foam too.

Flowers are from Michael's Bridal Department (loose), and the leaves were made with Martha Stewart's leaf punch. The leaves were inked with Stampin' Up's Mellow Moss ink and the veins were drawn with Copic G85.

The fox was printed on my Epson inkjet -- no problem at all with bleeding when I coloured with my Copics! His eyes and nose were topped off with All Night Media's Clear Gloss.

The sentiment is computer generated, and the inside of the card is stamped "It's Your Birthday!"

Here are the Copics used on the Fox:

N0, N1, N3, N6, N9
E30
Y32, Y35, Y38
RV11

Do you want this little guy for your very own? Then check out my DigiDrawn site to purchase this digistamp for only $ 3 CDN!

Do you want this little guy for FREE?? Then add your suggested name for him in the Comments. If I choose yours, I will send you this digistamp absolutely free!



5 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so talented.. This little guy is the cutest.. Your card is great..

    I don't have a suggestion for a name yet.. I will think about it and get back to you..

    Have a wonderful Sunday..

    ~Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could draw like that.....what a gift! He's a cutie....maybe "Fritz" or "Freddy"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented....a name??? let's see...my granddaughter thinks his name should be Tibbles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I think Tibbles is perfect! Thank you! I hope you enjoy your digistamp of him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, your email keeps bouncing back... please contact me so I can send you your free image! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...