Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Fun!

What a wonderful Mother's Day weekend I had! Daughter and I spent all day Saturday together; first she surprised me with beautiful gifts and flowers:




And then she presented me with a homemade banana / chocolate / coffee slushie in a mason jar and she baked healthy snacks of oatmeal & raspberry bars with yogurt topping - packaged up so we could nosh in the car on our way to a local Antique Mall garage sale at 9 am! What a wonderful idea!

We got to the Mall just as it was opening... the vendors had taken over the parking lot with items that were price-slashed. I won't show you my big purchase of the day quite yet - that will be another separate post... but here are some "smalls" I snatched up for a dollar each!


Yep, my egg cups are officially a collection now... these are so cute; many are stamped "Japan" on the bottom.

After spending hours at that four-level Antique Mall, we hit a few more antique shops around the city. Then we dropped in on my Mom and Dad. Here is the card I made for her... Dad's birthday was that day too, but he has to wait until this weekend when we are celebrating his and my daughter's birthdays together. I'll post their cards after that (cause I don't want them peeking!)




What a great day we had; and it was wonderful to have a peaceful Sunday to relax.

I am one lucky Mom, that's for sure!

12 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful day with your daughter. How fun to go antique shopping together. You found some cute things and great deals. Can't wait to see your bigger purchase. The card you made for your mom is gorgeous! Happy mother's day a little late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was late getting this post together; but it was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. Sweet!!!!! You and your daughter make a great shopping team and that card is amazing. Can't wait to see your big buy of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks JoJo! Well, I have to wait until the long weekend to work on my "big buy", so as soon as I am done, I will post photos!

      Delete
  3. Love the newest egg cup collection! Curious, curious for the big purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      Thank you Laurie! I have to put all my egg cups together somewhere - they will look great next Easter, that's for sure!

      As for the other purchase, I have some work on it to do before I show it off.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like it was a perfect day spent with your daughter. Love all your little treasures especially because they were such a bargain. What a beautiful card you made for your mom; I think it needs to be framed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky she enjoys antiques, vintage and junk just like her ol' mom ;) We have a great time hunting together!

      Yeah, I couldn't believe they were a mere dollar each! I had to buy them all! The same vendor sold daughter a great wooden fold up chair for $6!

      Aw, thank you for the compliment on my mom's card - I just love using my new Spellbinders die set; they make lovely cards and layers!

      Delete
  5. Looks like your daughter knows you well..happy times looking for treasures. The card ou made for your Mom is just lovely!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Dagmar! We have so much fun shopping together; especially vintage / antique / junk hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! Oh, another collection... I just counted - I have 15 now. Geesh!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...