Friday, June 9, 2006

Snapper Surprise


Wow, that sounds like some kind of meal you would order at a seafood restaurant. Actually, it's my newest layout chronicalling the discovery of a huge snapping turtle in our back yard last weekend. For the full story, head over to my other blog Stale Coffee. We got a lot of good pictures of "Franklin" (as daughter has dubbed him) so we both scrapped the story last night while cropping at our LSS. I used Basic Grey Urban Couture paper, green ric rac ribbon, wide gold "staples", Bazzil cardstock (Bark), clear green jewellry pony beads and some matching ones in the shapes of leaves, hemp string, vellum and Heidi Swapp chipboard painted with HS "Moss" paint. This is the first time I've tried this paint (daughter picked it out), and it was really great to use! It dried quickly, and I dabbed on the paint with a foam brush to give the letters texture. I also adhered a turtle charm onto the big "S" using a foam dot. This was a lot of fun to do, and I used my blog writing to help with the journalling! (Please excuse the wonky photos, I hurridly took pics last night and didn't focus straight on so they don't look straight, but they are IRL!)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...