Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I must have been influenced by all the rainy days we had last week; today is the first day of wonderful sunshine, melting the snow very quickly!

To celebrate Spring, I made my very first tent card with a brand new Magnolia stamp "Tilda Spring Rain". Instead of the usual solid cardstock front, I opted for a window with clear acetate printed with raindrops and sentiment on my printer. I then hunted for and found at my local scrapbook store the Spellbinders Mega Ovals set (on sale, yay!) and used the second largest one in my Cuttlebug. However, the plastic was very hard to cut. I ended up scraping the die with a sharp exacto knife to finish the cut. (Totally improvising and totally surprised it worked!)

I hand-drew / painted the background with Copics, using the colourless blender a lot to create a watery effect in the clouds and ocean. Here's a side view to prove it is indeed a tent card:



The card front, rose and ribbon were all then given raindrops with All Night Media's Clear Gloss Liquid Embossing Finish. Some were dripped directly on, some drops were made on clear acetate, cut out and adhered with more gloss to the cardfront.

Here is a close-up of the rose with raindrops (as usual, click on all images for uber-sized versions).




Copics used:

Skin: E00, E11, R20
Hair: E21, E25, E27, E29
Jacket, boots, umbrella: Y21, Y35, Y38
Umbrella handle and clouds: C0, C2, C5
Water: B93, B97
Grass and leaves: G82, G85, G94, G99
Tree: E47, E49, E57, E74, E79
Wooden plank boardwalk: W0, W3, W5, W7

20 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Maureen! What a very cool idea to print out raindrops onto your acetate and then punch out the oval shape revealing Tilda through the rain. I love the raindrops on your ribbon and flower. Beautifully illustrated also...you are so creative...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Maureen! I love going over all of your creative details...the acetate with rain, the raindrops and of course the fabulous background!!! Fantastic work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! The acetate is perfect, and you have definitely nailed the rainy effect! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you are amazing!! The rain on here is so cool! I will be back to look at more! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfection! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love your colors on Tilda. Her bright color alone should make us feel better!! Awesome card. Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow Maureen this is totally awesome! You are so very creative! I love the raindrops and Tilda and the scene are colored so perfectly! Love everything about your card awesome job!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maureen, I am in awe! You created a whole background for Tilda, made her look so cute and used acetate.

    I have a lng way to go, but am willing totake the journey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool card, Maureen! The acetate gives it a really interesting touch and makes Tilda just shine through the cut out oval. Extremely creative and a beautiful result!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maureen,
    Hmmmm....that's what I ahve been saying for the last four weeks.
    Rain, rain go away. I live on the Sunshine coast of Australia and it has rained nearly non stop for weeks.
    i love your Tilda card. Such a great idea using the acetate and putting raindrops on it. The little scene that you have designed is gorgeous. Very clever.
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the raindrops and how Tilda pops so brightly from this card! Gina L

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really wonderful! I love blue and yellow together and your technique is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maureen, I hope you are selling these cards, because they are cuter than anything I see at the real stores!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww....Maureen, it is too cute. Love the acetate idea. Very smart and it fits so well with this image too :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww....Maureen, it is too cute. Love the acetate idea. Very smart and it fits so well with this image too :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very original, I love your tent card, your coloring is so cute, and the raindrop are fabulous.

    bonne journée !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, Maureen! What a wonderful card you made!! Your drawn background is fabulous, what talent you have!! LOVE the whole card! Hugz, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful! You are very talented indeed!

    ~Cissy

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely stunning! Love how with the tent card layout, you can see the rain coming down, so clever!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a marvelous tent card. The scene you created is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...