Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thinking Of You


Yes, I know. I am addicted to these Magnolia stamps.

Proof is right here on my blog; this is my third card with Tilda in just a few days.

This time I used "Tilda Sitting Sideways With Bow". I created a scene for her to sit with flowers and butterflies. I hand-drew the tree stump, cut the grass from cardstock, and coloured some Dollar Store white flowers with Copics. I found a small butterfly punch at Michael's for $ 1.50, so I punched out four in vellum and coloured with Copics as well. I pinched them and glued them on so they looked more 3D. A bow and butterfly charm with tag punched with my Cuttlebug was added for the sentiment.

Tilda is holding her own flower and if you look carefully, you can see another butterfly on the flower just in front of her. I added another photo to show the details at another angle (click to enlarge).



Copic colours used:

Stump: Y21, E49, E51, E55, E57, E59
Skin: E00, E11, R20
Hair: E25, E53, E59
Top: G82, G85, Y21, Y35
Jeans: B21, B34, B37, C0, C2, C5, R20, R21, Y21, Y35
Runners: C0, C2, C5
Flowers: Y21, Y35

Paper is BoBunny Flutter butter Honey.

I hope you like my little Nature Girl!

18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the scene you created.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you are truly gifted with your art abilities. Beautiful! Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! Love the colors!

    Hugs,
    ~Cissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!!! This is just stunning...your drawing is superb and I really love your little scene...awesom!!!!

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card! Love the precious scene and your coloring job is BRAVO!!! Beautiful creation :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card! You are a fabulous artist! Love the whole scene that you have created! Awesome job!
    Hugs,
    Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome scene Maureen! I can tell you are having great fun! wow, you are so creative! love your card!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is such a cutie, what a great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maureen,
    You are a true artist!! Look at that colouring of Tilda - with the shadows**. Your stump is wonderful as are your 3 D flowers and making your own grass so thin - it is simply amazing.
    Your scene again is super.
    I so enjoy visiting here to see your wonderful work!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very creative. Nice job!
    Deana

    ReplyDelete
  11. What talent you have. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maureen,
    Oh so cute. I love your tree stump and those blades of grass with the flowers. I'm enjoying your art. Your colouring is great.
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Wonderful card. You have a major talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! your artistry just amazes me! You are so talented! I love it! You should make stamps that go with the Maggies!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love your coloring and your extras you make for Tilda are just awesome! Very inspiring!!! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Maureen, what are you doing buying stamps - you should be creating them. The tree stump and the bed that you have drawn are awesome. What a very talented lady.
    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Christine!

    Hikers: Aw, you are too kind, thanks!

    Cissy: Thanks! I will admit, I am partial to turquoise.

    Nancy: Thank you! It was fun to put together!

    Cabio: Aw, thanks... I am glad it came together. Sometimes a sketch doesn't turn out. I am glad this one did.

    Thank you Nancy! You would have laughed at me trying to colour those teenie-tiny butterflies; having to hold them down with tweezers to use my Copics on them.

    Pam, thank you. Yes, I am indeed having so much fun! I am so glad to have found these uber-cute stamps!

    Sumtoy, thanks!

    Aw, Candy you are too sweet, thank you! Yes, I am having fun alright. That grass was done on my large paper cutter... sometimes the blades were so thin I lost them inside the cutter well! Ha! And I had to use a pin to place glue on each blade...

    Oh Deana, thank you!

    Peggie, you are too kind, thanks!

    Marion, thank you. I really loved giving Tilda a hard shadow, since she was out in the sun!

    Aw, Robin, thank you!

    Ha! Sharon! I can just see me offering my work; "Wanna buy a stump????" ;)

    Patti.Jo, thank you so much!

    Oh Peta, thank you! I never thought about making my drawings into stamps. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...