Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hard To Believe

Hard to believe my daughter turned 21 this week! Because she is a bird lover (she has two), I knew I wanted to make a card with a bird (or two) on it. She also is a third-generation lover of the colour turquoise (inherited from my father and me) so was easy to choose the colour scheme too.

So I got out two bird charms, my Spellbinders, two microscope slides, silver tape, a few gems, paper, ribbon and a Martha Stewart edge punch. I expanded on the "Telescoping Card" tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers, by not only creating the whole card from it, but mounting that as a feature on a larger rectangular card.

The round section, rotated upwards to reveal the sentiment that was stamped and embossed in black:


I also created the square charm from the microscope slides so it could be removed from the card if she wishes.

Yep, hard to believe my baby is a grown woman alright...

5 comments:

  1. How pretty. I love homemade cards....yours is fantastic. I love the microscope slide...what a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with you on birds and turqoise! :) astounding card! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personalized cards are the best and this one is gorgeous. Happy 21st birthday to your daughter. They grow up so fast don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maureen, Revi here!
    Love your bird card, and I have a daughter who turns 21 in less than two weeks! Thanks for following. I'm following you back. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ceekay! I have had those microscope slides for a long time - finally got around to using them!

    Kasia: Thank you. She loved it ;)

    Betsy: They sure do grow up fast! I can't believe it - how can she be 21 years older when I still feel the same as I did when she was born? ;) Thanks so much.

    Revi! Thank you! How awesome you also have a 21 year old daughter! Love your blog, thank you for following too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...