Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

I created two completely different styles of Father's Day cards this year (unlike last year when both hubby and my Dad got the same type of card).

Here is what I created for hubby. I rubbed some of my new Tim Holtz Antiqued Bronze Distress Stain (I got at Michael's for 50% off) and his Black Soot Distress Ink on my Ranger craft mat then rubbed white cardstock around it to marbelize the page for the front of the card. Once dry, I ran it through my Cuttlebug with Tim's Brick embossing folder. Then I edged it with more Black Soot ink and attached it to the front of the black cardstock card.

I wanted to tag the brick with some graffiti, so I downloaded free graffiti fonts and free-handed my sentiment following the shapes of those letters. I used my Copic black brush pen, then outlined it with the Souffle white pen.


Then I attached one of Tim's moth images with Ranger's Glossy Accents to look like it was resting on the brick wall... inside is more distressing with the same materials and copper eyelets.

The second card I created is more clean and neat - for my Dad! I followed Christina Griffiths' video tutorial on how to make this cute shirt origami fold:


I chose some green and white striped paper and found her so easy to follow, I made this on my first try:

 I added five button brads and a pocket. I also found some soft cloth for a handkerchief and tucked it into the pocket.

Behind the shirt I placed a Spellbinder's die cut and a few more for inside the shirt for the sentiment. Inside the card I also placed another die and a hand written note to my wonderful Dad.


I can hardly wait to give them their Father's Day gifts and cards!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful job as usual. :D I'm sure they'll love their cards and gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both liked them! And happily, they also liked their gifts (men are so hard to shop for...)

      Delete
  2. They are both so different and both wonderful..You are so creative! hope the sun is shining for you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dagmar! We had a wonderful weekend... and yay! Another is coming up soon TGIF!

      Delete
  3. These are just so darn creative! I'm sure they will both appreciate the time and love you put into each one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy. The most time I take is trying to figure out WHAT I am going to do; once I finally decide that, it doesn't take too long to create.

      Delete
  4. Your creativity never fails to delight me. By comparison...I forgot to mail my dad a store bought card. So...yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Dez, if I were building a home, had two kids finishing up school and moving, I would have done the exact same thing! I hope once you're all moved in that things calm down for you.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...