Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Some people may think Friday the Thirteenth is unlucky.

Not me.

My mom was born on a Friday the 13th! And her latest birthday also fell on that superstitious day too. So of course I had to make her a special card to celebrate:

This is what is called a "Z fold" card. A single piece of 5.5" X 12" cardstock, scored four times makes the base. I chose some really pretty TPC Studios Ancestral Bird Brocade paper for the front mats.

A new Kaisercraft Bird Cage stamp was added to the front left flap, and then using my new Spellbinders Shapeabilities die, cut the front sentiment overtop. I used the "negative" or left over paper to decorate the inside of the card. Both the sentiment and the small bird were created with Inkadinkado stamps.

The right flap had Recollections Floral Embellishments added. A few of the same roses were added to the front sentiment, along with a some Martha Stewart pine branch punch outs. Tim Holtz and Memento inks were used on the edges of he papers.


She loved it, and I loved the way this turned out. Must make more of these easy, but impressive folded cards!

4 comments:

  1. Maureen, your card is GORGEOUS! Love that stamp, and the color you used. Very pretty! No wonder your mom loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card! Such a wonderful thing to give your mom. I adore the papers you used and the flowers and bling. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card !!! you did an amazing job - your Mom must have luved it
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Maureen! And wow! I haven't been around here in awhile! I like your new set up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...