Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Halloween

I wanted to draw a Halloween image that wasn't scary or too cutsie... so I came up with this litte bat to celebrate my favorite season of the year.  (Click to biggify)

I coloured my new digistamp with Copics: N3, N4, N5, N6 and N9. The neutral greys give a greater ability to shade than simply colouring this bat in with flat black. The other colours used on it were R30, R32, R35, Y32, Y35 and Y38.

The paper and ribbon is from my stash. I thought the card needed some bling, so I looked and looked and to my disappointment, I couldn't find any Halloween charms around. So I had two choices: either hop in the car and head out to Michael's to see what they had, or to make my own.

When I found an old collection of silver studs, I knew I could make my own little spider charm! I simply added three staples for legs, bent them, added some silvery thread, glue and bent the back claws over it all to hold it in place. Viola! A spider to complete the card:

If you'd like this image for your own spooky cards, you can find him over at my DigiDrawn stamp site!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Tilda

I've been longing for the cooler days and nights of autumn... my favorite time of the year can't come soon enough!

"Patch Tilda" is now "Pumpkin Patch Tilda"! I drew the six pumpkins, coloured them with Copics and popped them up on foam dimensionals, adding Tilda with ScorTape so she is safely resting on one of the large gourds.

I used Bazzil cardstock for the base and on top of that layered some Fancy Pants "My Family - Aunt" paper, inked with Stampin' Up's Mellow Moss and distressed with my Making Memories distress tool.

Before I distressed the patterned paper, I ran it through my printer to add the sentiment. A simple addition of green wired sheer ribbon, with a double bow to finish it off.

The inside of the card was the same patterned paper, just the second side... the sentiment was cut with my Martha Stewart lace border punch and edged with the same Mellow Moss ink.

If you'd like a pumpkin patch of your very own, check out my DigiDrawn site for the stamp! Or, if six pumpkins are too much for your needs, choose from two other versions: I've also drawn a set of three pumpkins, and an image of a single pumpkin with leaf!

Copics used:

Skin: E0000, E000, E00
Hair: E30, E33, E35, E37
Overalls: B91, B93, B95, B97, RV32, RV000, BV01, RV91, RV93, C0, C1, C2, C3
Shirt and Socks: Y11, Y15, Y17


Y000, Y32, Y35, Y38, YR21, YR23, YR24, G20, G21, G24, G29, W3, W5

Three New Cards

Whew! I took advantage of this long weekend to catch up on my cardmaking... since I have been busy drawing digital images, I haven't had time (until now) to actually MAKE some cards with some of my new stamps!

The first one combines both Magnolia's "Tilda is Baking" with my own Cookies stamp for a Just For You card that would compliment a home-baked gift:

Using some Karen Foster patterned paper, I simply sewed a zig-zag stitch in black thread around the edge, mounted it on black cardstock and added two pieces of brown ribbon from my stash. Tilda is also popped up on foam dimensionals for added interest.

Copics used:

Tilda's hair: E21, E25, E29
Tilda's skin: E000, E000, E00, E01
Tilda's clothes: G000, G00, G02, G05
Rolling pin: E11, E13, E15
Dough: E30, E31, E33
Cookies: E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37, E49, E57, E59

The second card is another Tilda; this time I placed "Lazy Summer Day Tilda" atop my new Cupcake stamp. The background is simply layered cardstock, edged with Memento Tuxedo Black ink to match the stamps. I used Cuttlebug's Happy Birthday embossing folder for the blue layer. Ribbon from my stash and three rosebuds from Wild Orchid Crafts were tucked behind a bow made with my Bow Easy tool.

Copics used:

Tilda's hair: Y11, E30, E39, E97, E99
Tilda's skin: E0000, E000, E00
Tilda's clothes: RV000, RV00, RV02
Cupcake: C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, E34, E35, E37 RV000, RV00, RV02, YR21

Lastly, here is a card I made using the Yo-Yos stamp I drew for a special request:

Again, I used Karen Foster paper, ribbon from my stash, and the sentiment was computer generated. The image was cut out using the Out of Bounds technique with an oval Spellbinders die.

Copics used:

C2, C3, C5, C6, C10, B21, B24, B29, R21, R24, R29

If you would like to use any of my original hand drawn images for your own cards, you can purchase them over at my DigiDrawn site HERE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...