Monday, May 28, 2007

Mother's Day card


I know, I know... I'm really late posting this, but here is the "card" I made for my mom on Mother's Day. Actually, it's more like a mini-book.

First I created a template from chipboard for my own 3 X 3 envelope. I used this template to trace and cut out matching patterned papers in various black and white designs to make seven identical envelopes. After scoring the folds and glueing them down (except the flaps) I made an accordian-style book by glueing them together and attaching them in a cardstock cover, stamped, wrapped with ribbon and decorated with metal embellishments. Inside more stamping, stickers and a silk flower were added.


Inside each envelope I placed a photo of me growing up with my mom. Each photo is mounted on colored cardstock with matching ribbon "pulls" and the words, "Always there, always loved".



This was added to her Mother's Day gift and she was so surprised!

6 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! I'll bet she loved it. What a treasure! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great....thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a beautiful gift you made for her. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This adorable. You make the cutest stuff!!!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...