Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sympathy Card

Sympathy Card
A co-worker recently lost her great grandmother, so I was called upon to do a card.

Instead of the usual black-themed style, I found a very pretty card on Two Peas to inspire me to do this.

I got out my new Fiskar's embossing plates to rub a rose pattern on yellow Bazzil cardstock. I also used one of my new edge punches for the filagree cutouts (since they were 40% off, I picked up 4 different ones!). A rose stamp outlined with blue, a small piece of blue paper, and grey cardstock were layered, some sheer ribbon and a few self-stick rhinestones then added for a bit of bling.

I never seem to have the right stamp for sayings; so I just printed off the sentiment on my computer.

This one didn't take long; the most time-consuming part was embossing the yellow cardstock!


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card. I have such a hard time with Sympathy cards that after making hundreds of other cards I end up buying sympathy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you InkyFingers! I shall have to pop by your blog as well. Yes, I too think Sympathy cards are the hardest to make. I never know what to put as a saying...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...