Thursday, February 6, 2014

Let The Games Begin!

As if I haven't enough crafts to keep me busy for like, forever.... I've jumped into yet another.

Knitting!

Well, to be honest, I HAVE knitted before. Way, way back in the early 80's I believe, when I made an rust and brown (well, I DID say it was early 80's didn't I?) afghan that took eons to complete. Perhaps that's why I haven't picked up needles since.

Anyway, it's all Sara's fault. She's the proprietor of Punkin's Patch, a blog I absolutely adore. She is an incredible sheep momma - and does it all. She can take wool from her very own uber-cute sheep and create a wonderful finished knitted piece including all the hard preparatory work in-between. When she posted about the Ravellenic Games, I just had to join up. I joined Ravelry (a huge online knitting/crocheting site), posted a project, linked it to their "Games" and Team My Favorite Sheep. We begin tomorrow at 10am Central Time (the actual time in Sochi when the Opening Ceremonies start... I guess I will have to just take my morning coffee break then). I have until the end of the Closing Ceremonies to finish my project. They will be handing out "medals" (blog badges) for anyone completing their own challenge. What a good way to get back into this hobby again!



So I went to Michael's and took advantage of their current sale on some beautiful yarn and used my 40% off coupon for a great pair of bamboo needles. Looks like I am all set.


I think I need a bigger basket...

Now all I need to do is

Learn. To. Knit. Again.

By tomorrow at 10 am. Oh yeah. I am just THAT crazy alright.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes...

Oh and whilst I knit, I can watch REAL athletes compete. 

GO CANADA GO!!!!


12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you create...and I agree..go Canada go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dagmar! I just finished, so now I can finally do something else besides knit!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the knitting,. I attempted knitting once. That was enough for me. I laid down those needles and never picked them up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie; I put my needles down many years ago too - but I am so glad to have re-discovered them again!

      Delete
  3. I have quite a few friends addicted to knitting! I tried to learn once and it was an epic fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Addicted is the proper term; I am thoroughly addicted now too. Never give up JoJo! If I did, I wouldn't have a comfy scarf now!

      Delete
  4. I used to crochet a long time ago, as in brown and orange afghans - haha! What are you making??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a scarf! So happy I actually finished it!

      Delete
  5. I have been knitting with a loom and having a ball. Someday I want to learn to use knitting needles. I just finished a cowl with the homespun yarn you bought. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never used a loom... I love my bamboo needles; a lot less "clacking" noise and so warm to the touch.

      Delete
  6. Love your yarn container, it's awesome! I love knitting and crocheting and also pop in at Ravelry to see what's new. Great place for patterns. Have fun! Carole xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I just love Ravelry; so many resources for a newbie like me - and a great forum with wonderful people.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...