Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Decor

As promised, here are a few shots of my living room decorated for the holiday season featuring a few new "old" items I've gathered over the past few weeks. (Yes, there are two cats and a dog in the photo - only Dakotah is missing... this area is a favorite napping spot).


Our floor to ceiling tyndall stone fireplace was draped with the usual greenery, but instead of hanging small ornaments from it as I have done in past years, I added my antique horse / oxen yoke to the mantle and hung two stockings from it's rusty hooks on each end. A few thrift shop felt cardinals and some large pine cones are all that's needed to finish it off.


Oh, that framed piece is a two layer cross stitch I did many years ago; it only comes out at the holidays...


... along with my cross stitch Santa hanging in the entranceway.


Of course I couldn't wait to add my antique sled to the fireplace display... I attached some rope, greenery, antique wooden skates and the old authentic sleigh bells.


Even those $ 10 antlers got a sprucing up with a suede cover, rough rope and a few gold ornaments to celebrate the season:


I've finished my baking and decorating, my cards are in the mail, the turkey is in the freezer - now I can concentrate on finishing shopping and starting wrapping... whew!

Oh, you want to see my cards for this year? Well I made 30 of these:


The stamp is from Stampendous, and when I saw it earlier this summer, I just KNEW I wanted to use it for this year's Christmas cards. I used Copics to colour it in, added a trim using a Martha Stewart punch and a small baker's twine bow.


The "Special Delivery" was cut using my Cricut; it is from the "Sentimentals" cartridge -- a perfect saying to add since that is the name of the stamp!

Now where's that shopping list I started?

Linking up with

Funky Junk Interiors


7 comments:

  1. Decorations are beautiful and your cards are adorable. Have fun shopping and wrapping!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty stuff! I love the vintage look of it all. Great cards too. I was going to make cards too but my list of 'handmade cardworthy' got out of control and I was running the risk of hurting feelings if I made them for some but not others. Since I send out like 60 cards, I just can't do it anymore b/c the handmade ones also require extra postage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Any tips on rubber stamping? I am sooooo bad at it. Either too much or not enough ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas decorations! Kisses x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo many sweet and dear things here! positively beautiful! I love the sled!!! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mantle looks wonderful! Love the old sled and skates...and your home made Christmas cards are just so sweet!
    Saw you linking at Knick of Time
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fireplace and all your beautiful treasures. The sled and skates are so precious. Your handmade cards are so sweet.
    Don't you just love seeing pets in your photos? Sometimes I don't even notice my dog until I look at the pictures...too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...