Sunday, April 7, 2013

Card Creations

The past month not only kept me busy with Easter preparations, but I was also able to crank out a few homemade cards for various occasions.

This first one was a get well card for my Aunt. The cloisonne bird was embossed on vellum and then coloured with Copics on the reverse. I love the translucent effect that gives, especially when it's popped up on foam dimensionals. 


The next two cards were made for two co-workers who are leaving our Department. The first was distressed using some Tim Holtz ink, a Spellbinder die popped up and the bird stamp added on top. I rarely make specially-shaped cards; this one was done with a large Spellbinder die - easy peasy.


The second going-away card for the office features a Magnolia Tilda stamp, as the recipient loves Maggies. I added some Wild Orchid roses over top inked patterned paper that was black and white only, so the purple really added a nice softness.


Two other ladies on our floor are leaving on maternity LOAs in April (they are both due on the same day and both are having girls!) so I made these for them using a new set of Spellbinders dies:


I melted three layers UTEE to make the duck stamp glossy; kind of like a rubber ducky!



The second card I wanted to make in a totally different style, with lace and pearls:


I also made a dress form card for a swap group I belong to. I used my Stampin' Up stamp, and popped it up on a Spellbinder die cut. The background of the card was made by mod-podging real dress pattern tissue using watered down glue. I added a few other stamps from the SU set, a ruler image from Tim Holtz and a seam binding bow at the bottom.


Speaking of cards, of course I HAD to create some Easter cards for the family. I made three the same - one for daughter, my parents and my hubby. I used a new drawing I did of a bunny rabbit (that I have added to my DigiDrawn digital stamp site).


I had fun sponging the background in Tim Holtz Distress Inks, using a torn piece of paper to create the ragged horizon. If you look closely, you'll see a teenie tiny sparkly butterfly on top of one of the flowers.


Hopefully I'll have more time this month to do some new digi stamps - since snow still covers our yard and deck, it'll still be awhile before yard work beckons!


4 comments:

  1. Your cards are EPIC! I love the torn paper thing; I use it a lot in my paper crafts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JoJo! I try to do something different on each one, especially for those at work - I don't want to get in a rut ;) The torn paper edging was fun!

      Delete
  2. These are just so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love every one and they look so perfect! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Katherine! It is nice to have the opportunity to make cards - especially for a variety of different occasions / reasons.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...