Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I wanted to get in one last Halloween craft for 2013... and I made it just under the wire.

After watching Anne of Anne's Paper Creations videos using Graphic 45's "Steampunk Spells" paper to make incredible books, it got me itching to try some of her techniques. I still had some of this very same paper; leftover from my Apothecary Cabinet project, so out came my scissors to try my hand at "fussy cutting".

Yep. "Fussy Cutting". I used to just call it cut outs, but when Anne says it with her Norwegian accent.... well, it's just too charming and my favorite current saying.



I cut out, er, sorry "fussy cut" all sorts of pieces from the 12 x 12 papers, used my Copic brush pen to outline them in black, and then slathered Multi-Medium Matte on the front and back of each piece. This makes them more durable, as some would be removable, tucked into other parts.


This is actually a table topper tent card - I just wanted something to decorate our dining room table. I started out by creating a side step card with black cardstock and added my "fussy cuts". Three bats were added to glittery and alcohol-inked wires, a few brads and a clock hand were also attached to the front.


As I said, some of the pieces slide in; the two cards on the main section are removable. Some pieces, like the top hat and flowers are popped up with foam dimensionals.


Thank you so much Anne, for the tutorials and wonderful inspiration. 



This wasn't all that I accomplished tonight... I also had to make sure this year's pumpkin was carved:


Yawn... time for bed. Geez, you'd think a black cat would be more excited about Halloween coming...


22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! It was actually very relaxing... I thought my hands would get sore, but I really enjoyed it. Now I am hooked and will be doing some more.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Fussy Cutting Maureen. I love Anne's accent and creations too. Your piece look wonderful. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! Isn't Anne incredible? Her work is so intriguing; I can't come close to the detail she does, but I so enjoy watching her videos... sometimes I just have them on in the background while I work!

      Delete
  3. What a fun creation! Kitty just can't keep up with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Yeah, she was so not impressed... :) Wouldn't even pose with a pumpkin yesterday. Thanks Betsy and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! Even if Unimpressed Kitteh is Unimpressed. lol I didn't get to carve a pumpkin this year. Meant to, but didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to do a real pumpkin every year; but I stopped doing foam ones after I carved quite a few. They come out every year still. I also love to roast pumpkin seeds after carving... yummy and smell so good!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your visit to my blog. Your cards are much more elaborate than mine and I see in the previous post you've used a frog pin to display one. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love using old frogs to display cards, postcards, photos... lots of uses other than flowers!

      Delete
  7. Oh I too Love Anne's creations and you have done well with yours! This is just as cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mickie! Anne is wonderful, isn't she? So talented!

      Delete
  8. Thank-you for visiting me Maureen. I feel very honored to be on your side bar. Wow thank-you so much. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are welcome Karen! Always glad to meet another blogger!

      Delete
  9. I have to laugh now and then when I see specific terms for things we've been doing all along.
    Gorgeous cards and fantastic pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yeah! Oh thank you, hope you had a fun Halloween!

      Delete
  10. You made a wonderful card Maureen and so well put together.I love your fussy cutting and thank you for mention me and all your sweet comments on my blog :-)
    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Anne!!! You are truly an amazing artist, I just love watching your videos and seeing what you come up with next.

      Delete
  11. Looks like another wonderful craft you have made..we really need to get together and craft one day, imagine the fun we would have..hope you have a great week! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I wish we could! Hope you've been having a great time down South!

      Delete
  12. So glad I found your blog. You are so very talented. I will visit often. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Martha and thank you! I do hope you return!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...