Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Cards 2014

Now that my holiday cards have been received, I can share them with you here.

This year I decided to go a simpler route... just a few elements to create a layered white greeting.

I had forgotten I purchased Tim Holtz' "Tree Line" On The Edge Die over the summer... I thought it would make a neat card element. I found it while recently re-arranging all my dies into one cabinet drawer; good thing I did!

At first I had intended to use just one layer of trees per card; then when I saw them all stacked up as I cut them out on my Cuttlebug, I thought the effect of multiple layers was even better! So I cut out about 40 from white cardstock - or two per card. On half of the tree sets, I embossed "Peace" using a rubber stamp, embossing ink and heat setting the metallic embossing powder.


I used a swirl design stamp on each card base with Hampton Art's Glue pad. Before it dried, I sprinkled Tim's Distress Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter over top and set them aside (and away from curious feline paws) to dry.

My Cricut and a great holiday cartridge called "Winter Wonderland" was used to cut out some prancing deer, adjusting the size of the cut image to a perfect size.

It didn't take long at all to combine all the elements onto the cards. I only glued the bottom of the tree layers so the tree tops lift away from the card back. The deer are popped up with dimensional foam.

Here's the result:


I made twenty cards this year; each holiday I seem to be making less and less. Well, I guess a few is better than none at all! I am so glad I got these done and in the mail before it was too late!



3 comments:

  1. They are so lovely, love the white in white with your touch of embossing. Just beautiful!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again this year... just elegant and stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...