Monday, December 29, 2014

Tim Holtz Tags of 2014 - December

After all of the holiday hoopla, I had to make sure I didn't forget to do this month's Tim Holtz tag. As usual, I am barely sneaking in before the end of the month... and this time, just before the end of the year!


I got out what I thought I might need for this month's piece.


Here's what I ended up using from that pile:

Distress Inks: Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Weathered Wood and Walnut Stain
Distress Markers: Stormy Sky and Vintage Photo
Distress Stain: Brushed Pewter
Distress Paint: Picket Fence and Antique Linen
Distress Stickle Dry Glitter Clear Rock Candy
Frosted Film
Kraft-Core cardstock
Industrious Stickers
Green Jute String
Grungeboard
Bigz Bookplates and Tags die
Festive Greenery Sizzlits Strip die
Shadowpress Authentic Set Debossing Folders
Philosophy tag
Ribbon
Mini brass bell
Scribbles 3D Paint

I began by cutting out the tags and chipboard backers (for stability). I swiped the cardstock with white paint and Distress Inks. I also used an old paint brush to splatter more Distress Paint for a snowy effect.


After cutting out the reindeer in Grungeboard, I painted it with Antique Linen and sanded it down. Using the Walnut Stain Distress Ink I shaded the edges,


painted Multi-Matte medium on top, then sprinkled it with Distress Dry Glitter.


I also outlined the shape with a Distress Marker. Here is a before & after of how nicely this small step improves the look (I have two of everything since I am making a duplicate tag for The Scrapbook Cottage again).


I also added Frosted Film to the top of the tags after embossing them with small dots.


For the wording, I decided to use Tim's Shadowpress Authentic Set Debossing Folder "Wonderful"


cutting off the "ful" to just have "Wonder". Then I tore the bottom of the cardstock, sanded it down, inked and painted it with Picket Fence.


For the pine needles, I used Tim's Festive Greenery die, cut from his Kraft-Core cardstock then inked and painted them for a snowy effect.


So here is my finished tag after putting it all together and adding a ribbon coloured with Distress Ink and a Philosophy Tag hung from it. I also used a thick 3D white paint to add "snow" here and there.


The reindeer is popped up on foam dimensionals and jute string was used around his neck holding a small brass bell. I also added a strip of Industrious stickers to the bottom as Tim had done.


I do hope Tim continues to inspire and teach us new techniques with Tags of 2015 - it sure was fun to participate each month.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful time ringing in the New Year!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful December Tag Maureen! I really like the shadowpress on the blue card stock. Your deer is gorgeous too. Well, we finished ALL of the 12 Tim tags. Can't wait to see what the New Year brings. Have a wonderful 2015. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such gorgeous work. Will you be doing the monthly tags next year too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the glitter looks on top of the distress ink. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful conclusion to 2014… You are so talented - great colors! Happy New Year, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...