Saturday, April 7, 2012

Card Swap

Here are two cards I created for a small card swap group. One was supposed to be made with grey, white and yellow. Here is what I came up with:


I started by embossing the Michael Strong lizard stamp with Tim Holtz' embossing ink pad and white embossing powder on a grey piece of cardstock. I then heated it up and coloured in the lizard in black ink. What a cool effect this is! I added more cardstock mats and a black and white polka dot ribbon from my stash.

The next card I signed up to trade was a Butterfly card:


So I made the same style - a different Michael Strong stamp, but the technique is identical to the lizard card. A few black gems decorate the edges of the Spellbinders cut die popped up on foam dimensionals. Underneath runs a wide wide ribbon and bow.

I hope the ladies who receive these like them!

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely! :) Happy Easter!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kasia, hope you had a great holiday as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...