Thursday, March 21, 2013

Is It Or Isn't It?

I've been trying to stay away from the thrift and antique stores lately, as we were hit with a huge unexpected bill for a broken water pipe under our home... if you want to read all about that horror, HERE is my post on my other blog.

So I went through my old photos and discovered some items I had picked up earlier this year but hadn't shared! My next few posts will be about those items and, of course my Easter decorations... once I get off my butt and decorate my home, that is!!!

Today I wanted to show you a great serving platter I found at Goodwill a few weeks back. It was only $2 as it has two chips; but I still loved the colour and shape and knew I could find a use for it. Since I was on my lunch hour at work when I discovered it, it's never made it home - yet.


Is it Majolica? It has "Portugal" on the bottom and is about 14" long.


At least I have "decorated" (if you can call putting out 3 bunnies and 3 eggs "decorating") my office for Easter - I'll bring it home after the bunnies are put away for another year!


If anyone has any idea if this is Majolica or not, I'd love to hear from you!

Even if it isn't, the bunnies look quite happy with their new leafy home.

Sharing with:


The Thrifty Groove




14 comments:

  1. Oooo those eggies are GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Bunny's are cute too. I've seen that green leaf stuff but never thought much about it. Is Majolica rare or hard to find? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled next time I'm in my fave junk shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo! Those are metal eggs from candy a few years back... I have a few that I bring out every year. Majolica is collectible - some pieces are quite expensive!

      Delete
  2. The platter in that color and shape are perfect for your Easter theme of bunnies...they look as happy as a spring day..sending you some AZ. sunshine and love,
    xox
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I put them on there just while I was at work; and they looked so perfect, I haven't brought the platter home yet! Thanks for the sunshine! We need it up here!

      Delete
  3. I am no expert and don't even own any but I know it is very collectible and I have read that some was made in Portugal. Hopefully someone more informed will weigh in. It looks like a keeper, either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Even with the two chips, I am so glad to have found it... and the cashier at Goodwill was admiring it quite a bit when I purchased it. Good thing I found it first ;)

      Delete
  4. These are such interesting pieces!!! Love the leaf! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! For $2, I scooped it up quickly! When I bought it, I thought I would just touch up the 2 chips with paint... I guess I'll see whether I'll still do that - I just may leave it as is.

      Delete
  5. Great find! I love the eggs too! Thanks so much for dropping by L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you can be sure I shall be returning to your blog again!

      Delete
  6. Oh how fun, such a treasure, and it is perfect for the eggs. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marty! I have never had anything like this, so it's all new to me...

      Delete
  7. it's beautiful and quite decorative with the bunnies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra. Yeah, I really didn't mean to use it only at work, but it fit in so well, I had to keep it there - at least for now!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...