Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Graphic 45 Design Team 2014 Audition

Because I have become so enamored with Graphic 45 papers, staples and embellishments, I have decided to audition for Graphic 45's 2014 Design Team. I love sharing how I create my projects using their beautiful products, so what could be better than doing so on a larger scale? It would be a fantastic opportunity to say the least.

So without further ado, here is my Official Audition Post. I wanted to begin by revealing my latest project using Graphic 45's newly-released line "By The Sea". Even though I live smack dab in the center of Canada, Manitoba is known as "The Land of 100,000 Lakes" so this paper recalls a time long ago when city dwellers boarded the train for a relaxing day at the beach.

By The Sea Curio-Cabinet


After discovering a huge piece of coral at the thrift store last year, I decorated my en-suite bathroom in an aquatic theme. I added seashells and beach glass in various mason jars around the small room... but they were cluttering up the limited counter surface. This project is a great way to safely display some of those delicate treasures and frees up precious space as well.

I gathered my supplies together, including a wooden baking set I found at Goodwill awhile back. My brand new pad of Graphic 45 By The Sea paper would be perfect for this project!


I selected a few trinkets including a brass ship's wheel that used to be a key chain (another thrift store find), a brass double pulley and a metal and glass porthole charm. Cheesecloth worked great as a fishing net and sand and aquarium gravel were added to the shelves with shells, coral, driftwood and beach glass.


I also wanted to add my own sculpture; a seagull perched upon the Pier 45 sign:



In the name of brevity for this special audition post, the process of creating this project is described in the video below:



Here are the other projects I have posted about previously for review by the Graphic 45 Design Team Selection Committee. I hope these demonstrate a variety of creations and techniques, my skills and attention to detail.

Couture Collection Memo/Shopping set

Starting with a thrift-store mystery item, I created a stand, memo pad, envelopes and a peacock feather pen for a desk set fit for the serious fashionista shopper. Click for full project details and video.



Sweet Sentiments Magic Iris Lens card

A birthday card with a sweet surprise for my mom, using the lovely Sweet Sentiments paper. Click here for all the details and video.



Bohemian Bazaar Book and Altered Matchbook Box

My first project for The Scrapbook Cottage using Graphic 45's 8 x 8 Kraftboard Altered Art Matchbook box, metal door pull and groovy Bohemian Bazaar paper. Click here for the full project details and video.



The Twelve Days Of Christmas Countdown book

An altered children's book to remind me of all those important deadlines before the big day. Click here for the details:  Part One and Part Two with video.



Steampunk Spells Journal

My first foray into the awesome world of handmade journals... using the incredible Steampunk Spells paper, natch! Click for the full project details and my first-ever video.



Steampunk Spells Happy Halloween Tent Card

A spooky side-step tent card / table decoration using fussy cut images from the Steampunk Spells papers. Click for details here.



Steampunk Spells Apothecary

In this six-part series, I showcase my highly-detailed Halloween / Harry Potter inspired apothecary, using Graphic 45's Steampunk Spells paper. You can begin at Part One here.


The Black Cat Carnival

A Steampunk Halloween creation (in three parts). Although I didn't use Graphic 45 product on it, I wanted to include this popular project as well. If you want to see how I made each piece, you can start at Part 1 here.

A Steampunk Airship made from a regular household light bulb

The Babbage Mechanical Ticket Engine

A Swing Carousel that used to be a photo holder


Whew! That was a long post - thank you for hanging in there for the whole thing.

To the Graphic 45 Selection Committee, thank you for your consideration of my audition. I do hope you enjoyed seeing just how much I love creating and using your wonderful products!




36 comments:

  1. Maureen, they would be so lucky to have you in their design team, your created art is just gorgeous! good luck! Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dagmar, thank you so much, you are so kind!

      Delete
  2. You are just amazing. That recap of your projects is mind blowing. Love the newest beach themed one (that seagull)! Crazy talented..truly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! Coming from another artist like you, that is high praise indeed. It was fun to add the seagull to the mix.

      Delete
  3. Good luck! Your art is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their design team should be honored to have you with them! I say it every time, but your attention to detail is amazing. Love the little sign on the side. You're so calm and professional in your video, I'd be a stuttering mess, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks Betsy... I actually edit out all the stuttering... ;)

      You are so sweet; it is nerve-wracking to say the least - auditioning publicly for something like this; there are so many talented people out there trying for these prestigious positions!

      Delete
  5. Love your work Maureen and you put so much detail and love into your wonderful art! Wish you good luck :-)
    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne! You are my inspiration!

      Delete
  6. Okay, well, every single piece is beyond amazing and I would love to see you make the G45 team. Well done! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Annette, thank you - I see you are auditioning too. Good luck to you as well!

      Delete
  7. wonderful job. Hope you made it for the next round and the finals... best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maureen, thank you for your kind comments on my blog, so sweet of you.
    I am totally amazed over all you shows in this post. What gorgeous creations all,- you are fantastic in all the different materials you are using, and mastering. I have not watched all the videos yet, but will be back :-)
    xo, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Dorthe! You are always so thoughtful.

      Delete
  9. Maureen every piece you create is such a work of art. I would love to see you on the Graphic 45 design team. Best of luck, not that you will need luck as your work speaks for itself. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you ... oh I need luck alright; there are many people vying for these positions!

      Delete
  10. Just Discovered your Beautiful Blog this Evening and am thoroughly Enjoying your Creations and Aesthetic.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck Maureen.....Beautiful creations

    Jim and Sharryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me han encdantado tus trabajos. Muy lindos, muy brillante estilo.
    Saludos desde Chile
    Maru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I am charmed by your work. Very cute, very bright style.
      Greetings from Chile"

      Thank you very much Maru, and welcome!

      Delete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous. You deserve to win! - Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh girlfriend- you have been busy!! Seriously busy!! Every piece is beautiful and unique-- but the beach themed shadow box is my favorite:). Pure bliss--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vicki, thank you. I do appreciate your visit - as you are ten times busier than I!

      Delete
  15. Oh Maureen, bravo to you for entering. I cannot imagine how they would not be astounded by your creativity. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! It is nerve-wracking waiting... and putting yourself out there so publicly. My fingers are crossed...

      Delete
  16. Maureen, beautifully done! Your work is so fun and whimsical. I really enjoyed your By the Sea Shadow Box and video. It was fun to see the Peter Pan wood box go along the journey to the beautiful end master piece. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit and kind comments!

      Delete
  17. WOW! Your projects are stunning! I LOVE the carousel, clever use of the clip-it-all! Good luck!
    Smiles
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Jen! Actually the carousel was a photo holder from Goodwill - but, yeah, I guess a Clip It All would work too! Welcome and thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...