Saturday, June 23, 2012

Less Than $5

This week I ventured out twice during lunchtime at work to see what I could find at the corner thrift / antique shops. The first day was disappointing; this will happen now and again - days when NOTHING grabbed my attention and I returned to work empty-handed. Oh well, at least I got some fresh air and a bit of exercise.

Then yesterday the day was so glorious, I just had to get away from the computer screen and feel some sunshine on my face, so I wandered back outside. To my delight, I found the following for less than $5!


The teeny tiny cribbage board is too cute; it looks handmade and old.... I have never seen one so small! And at 49 cents, I just HAD to bring it home from Goodwill. Then I went to the antique shop, where they had a table sitting out on the sidewalk with a "FREE" sign on it! Low and behold, underneath the paperback books, was a heavy silver platter just waiting for me to rescue it!

Of course, I wouldn't feel right taking something for free without going inside and purchasing something. So I was pleased to find this old chippy green handled cheese slicer for a mere $2. Then I spotted a display of old tins - something I have never collected before, but thought would look really nice in my Studio. This one wasn't priced - they only wanted $2 for it too!

Yep, all four items for less than $5.

Fridays are good.

A beautiful, sunny Friday - even better.

A beautiful, sunny Friday with deals this great - the best!


4 comments:

  1. Girl, not only did you get AMAZING finds.. I mean, youre like the queen of fantastic finds... but your blogger layout is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I Love it, so sophisticated and steampunk Victorian!!! *sparkly eyes* wow!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen- your blog is Beautiful!! Are you kidding me???? We need to help other bloggers to meet you!! I'm confident we can get you at least 100 followers- maybe even more!!

    Thanks for saying you will come to the party this winter! Watch my blog this summer and fall for lots of updates. We are going to rock the blogging world with this party!

    ( I can't believe you don't already have a 100 followers-- we will fix that!!)
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kasia, thank you! I just re-did the header recently... I have been wanting to do that for awhile now. So glad you like it!!!

    Jo-Jo: Thanks! They were!

    Vicki: Oh you are too kind! I am so grateful for your sweet comment and help! I shall be sure to add your blog to my list of Great Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...