Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thanksgiving Decor

Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I am looking forward to a weekend in my Studio! But first I thought I would update you on what I have been up to for the past two weeks. Because I was hosting Thanksgiving again this year, I was busy creating some Fall decorations for last Sunday's dinner (before I was immersed in cooking and cleaning!):

The fireplace - using branches, bark and pine cones from our back yard:



The foyer:


The table centerpiece, made with some vintage tarnished silver from my Studio and real white mini-pumpkins:


And finally, the front porch, featuring a nearly 38lb monster pumpkin I got from Safeway for a mere $2.70. Yep, three cashiers and a manager couldn't weigh it properly so I got it for a steal....



I made the "Welcome" pumpkin myself using a foam pumpkin I had on hand that I hadn't carved yet (yep, I have a whole slew of Halloween foam pumpkins).

First I used this image from The Graphics Fairy as an example of the fonts I wanted to use:


Then I manipulated the letters to create the word "Welcome" and drew it on with a Copic fine line marker. I sprayed it with a couple of coats of varnish so it would last:


Now I can use it for many a Fall to come!

Linking up with Graphics Fairy Brag Monday!


And Funky Junk's Pumpkin Party 2013!



4 comments:

  1. LOVE your pumpkin! What a beautiful idea and your writing is brilliant! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You drew that free hand? OMG I bow to your incredible talents!!!! That's just stunning! I thought it was stencil or transfer! Your decorations are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations are amazing! I love all of them! Kisses x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome decorations! So very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...