Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bridge Lamp

How the heck did two weeks whip past so fast? It seemed like only a few days ago I was heading home from the office, anticipating the holidays and looking forward to some R & R. Then Poof! It was time to head back to work yesterday.

I think the only good thing about getting back to the hospital was the opportunity to hit the local Goodwill and thrift stores at lunch. And I sure am glad I did! The small second-hand shop down the block had an item I have seen (and secretly coveted) at other antique stores before, but at least triple the price:


This Victorian floor bridge lamp was only $45 (with no tax!) Er, please ignore the wonky shade placement; obviously I didn't line it up correctly when I screwed it back on - I removed the shade and bulb for the trip home as it was terribly cold and I feared they would break against the wrought iron base. Gotta fix that...


It's been re-wired, so it's safe to use - I've already placed it beside my work desk. Not only does it provide always appreciated light, it's a real showpiece for my Victorian Studio!

I even love the detail on the base - looks like a pair of seahorses to me:


So I guess getting back to the old grindstone isn't so bad after all....

Sharing with:


The Thrifty Groove

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




10 comments:

  1. I remember there was an old lamp kinda like this out in a building on their property that is known as 'the chicken coop' (even though no chickens have lived in it since the 1940s). I wonder what happened to it....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find! I love itI wish I could find such treasures ... happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that lamp is a gorgeous treasure to find! Thank you for sharing it with us at TTF. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog from Angie's party. Love the bridge arm lamp...I have a couple and love this as well. Stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lamp!!

    Wishing you a very happy and Healthy New Year!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful bridge lamp! My sister has been looking for a reasonably priced one for the last couple of years. She found one behind a pile of junk in her father in law's basement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popped on over from Nick of time. What a beautiful find. Why do they call it a bridge lamp?

    Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SW Michigan
    Hand-Painted Vintage Furniture Transformations
    Blog: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com
    Facebook: donnaallgaierlamberti@facebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, JoJo, any luck finding that lamp? ;)

    Thanks Jill!

    Happy New Year to you too Schotzy!

    Thanks Diann, and thank you for hosting - it's always fun to participate!

    Thank you Terry - will do!

    Dear Debbie: Happy New Year to you and yours as well! Thank you for stopping by!

    That's awesome Maureen! What a great find!!

    Thank you for stopping by, "House Crazy" (Ha! Love the name!) Bridge lamps as defined by Dictionary.com: "A lamp, especially one having the light source on an arm so hinged as to be horizontally adjustable." I have been wanting one for a long time and nearly bought one WITHOUT a shade for $150 last year ... So glad I waited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found you because of a comment you left on my blog. Thank you!

    What a great find! I love this lamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you were by. I appreciate and read with delight each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...